Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Aven's First Christmas!

 
We had two weekends in a row of Christmas celebrations, which were made that much more special with Miss Aven being around! I think we enjoyed her first Christmas more than she did, but she was such a happy girl, even though she didn't fully realize what was going on.
 
We celebrated with Tyge's family the weekend before with a large family gathering. Aven got dressed in her Christmas finery and was the hit of the party! :)
 
 

With her cousin Saylor and Santa

She looks a bit scared, but she's not crying!

The new mommas opening some gifts for the babies

Aven and Great Grandpa Carl - I love the look on his face
 
With Maga and Baga B - she really loves them, despite the look on her face. All the other pics I snapped were blurry....
 
Grandma G made Aven her own Christmas tree, but looks like she'd rather eat her dress?

 
Since we were up North last year, we celebrated with my folks this year and had them over to our house since it's easier for them to come to us, with a baby and all! I sang at church on Christmas Eve so was at practice most of the day, but they all met me at church for the service then we headed back to our house for a beef stew dinner and presents.
 

Grandma and Grandpa G

Are all these for ME?!

They taste pretty good anyway...

Oh boy I am so spoiled.


Sweet Keely girl isn't the center of the attention anymore...
 
Then we woke up on Christmas Day and hung out in our PJ's while watching A Christmas Story before getting ready for our big Christmas celebration. We had arranged to cook and serve a Christmas meal for 50 homeless people at a shelter in Minneapolis, and I can't wait to make it a yearly tradition. What better way to celebrate Christ's birth by showing his love and serving others, right? My mom made 50 pounds of ham and planned all the side dishes to go along with, so we arrived armed with food. I was on baby duty while my parents and Tyge prepared the food, then we all served together. It was such a blessing to be able to speak with these folks - they were so thankful for the little they had and so kind to us. I'll admit I was nervous to bring Aven at first, but she brought so much joy to everyone there, wearing her little Christmas headband and smiling away. She was awake the whole time we were there (like 5 hours - a LONG time for her) but didn't get fussy at all! I can't wait to serve again next year, and every year after, to help teach Aven the true meaning of Christmas. 
 
And our 2012 Christmas card - my favorite one yet!
Photos by Callie V Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment