Thursday, November 29, 2012

I survived!

Well, my first day back at work is behind me and I survived - not without a few tears, but I made it!

Tuesday was really bad for me - I think the anticipation of going back to work was worse than actually doing it. I was just holding onto Aven all day and would tear up every so often at the thought of leaving her. We snuggled on the couch most of the day and I took lots of pics and videos to get me through the workdays. Tyge brought me beautiful pink roses on Tuesday night which made me smile and was so thoughtful.

So I put Aven to bed and went to bed myself, but had a really hard time falling asleep. I didn't sleep too well and popped right out of bed when my alarm went off at 6 AM - I was already up. I was able to shower and get myself ready, then woke her at 7 to nurse and hang out for an hour until Stephanie (our nanny) got there. When she asked how I was doing I teared up again...luckily Aven was sleeping when I left which made it easier. I did cry most of the way to work, despite listening to cheery Christmas music. I walked into work and was greeted with smiles, cheers, hugs, flowers, and brownies! It was such a warm welcome and it did feel good to be back. Like I've said, I really love my job and the people I work with so that made it easier to come back. It was so fun to show off pictures of my little girl and catch up with everyone, and I spent most of the morning cleaning out my desk area and chatting. I did get in two pumping sessions and figured out the ins and outs of doing that at work, which made me feel better. I thought about Aven all day and was so happy to get a sweet text from Stephanie with THIS face smiling back at me:

And she had dressed her in her "I Love Mommy" onesie - how cute!

I left work at 4 so was home in time for the 4:30 feed and walked in to a smiley, happy baby girl!
My amazing husband came home and cooked a special dinner of crab legs for us, then cleaned up while I snuggled the baby.

So the first day is behind me and I hope it only gets easier from here as I figure out the new routine of being a working mom. Thanks for all the prayers and kind texts and phone calls everyone - the support really helped get me through this week!

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are so sweet. I am sure you with treasure them and they will help you get through the next few weeks as you transition back to work. You're doing a good job mama! I am so glad that you survived!