Tuesday, December 13, 2011

3TT

Pinned Image

Three Things I'm Thankful/Excited For (in addition to Hot Cocoa):
1. My family's Christmas gathering this weekend - I love nothing more than being with family during this season season! Christ is the reason for the season, and family is who it's best shared with (for me anyway)!


2. My company holiday party this Thursday - we've had a great 2011 as a team and I'm excited to celebrate it! I've personally worked really hard this year and have had my best year yet (missing President's Club by ONE person...) so am excited to have a night with my team to have some fun and reflect on the good year, as well as look forward to the year ahead.


3. In general, I'm just so thankful for all we have - Tyge and I so blessed to not be in need or even WANT this Christmas season. In Boyd's sermon on Sunday he pointed out that if a family of four makes $50,000 a year, they are in the top 10% of wealth globally. While we may not always feel wealthy, we ARE wealthy by global standards. He also noted that when it comes to wealth, people want to compare themselves to the 5% that are richer than them and not the 95% that are poorer than they are. It really puts things into perspective on just how blessed we really are and I'm excited to share that "wealth" with others this Christmas season.

Three Things I'm Praying For:
1. Safety as we travel to SD this weekend - on the road and in the fields.

2. Health of family members - brother, nephew, mom, and husband have all had some health problems in one way or another this past week and I'm praying for full recoveries!

3. Layoffs at BSC - they are doing another round of layoffs tomorrow. Tyge should be okay but I pray for those who do get let go during this Christmas season.


With eyes on Him,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment