Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Why Petrie?

I've had a few people ask why we call the baby "Petrie" and came to the realization that some may assume it's in reference to a Petri dish baby, which isn't the case! It's a silly story really...

One night a few months ago Tyge surprised me by bringing up The Land Before Time to watch on Netflix - I LOVE that movie! We thoroughly enjoyed watching it and Tyge commented that I reminded him a little of Ducky, so that became my nickname.


Then for some reason (and he does NOT remind me at all of the slothful dinosaur) I started calling Tyge Spike. And that stuck - sorry hunny. :)


When we found out we were pregnant the first time, somehow I started referring to the little one as Petrie - like the cute, timid little dinosaur who had trouble flying.


I'm not superstitious or anything, so saw nothing wrong with calling this second little one Petrie as well. I am so thankful that this Petrie seems to be a flyer and not a faller (movie reference!), and will love him/her even if they look like a baby pterodactyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment