Wednesday, May 2, 2012

New each morning

We all have them, and yesterday was a bad day for me. I won't go into details, but stress of certain things plus pregnancy hormones = a very bad day. I could sense myself believing Satan's lies throughout the day that I wasn't good enough, even though I KNOW my identity is in Christ and not my job or anything else! One of my awesome coworkers could tell I was having a tough time so sent me this reminder over IM: 

Hang in there. Your identity is not what anyone says about you on any given day. Your Identity is Christ's daughter, saved and redeemed by his grace. That is who you are, what matters, and what is important every day, good days or bad. Does not make the circumstances any easier, but it's truth. Try to remember that when you are being told, or made to feel you're doing a bad job.

Wow. I took a few moments after reading that and prayed as I renounced the lies I was feeling. I also texted some prayer warriors and felt peace as I was covered in prayer. Tyge was out of town so I got to talk to him on the phone about my crappy day, but I didn't vent to or lean on him as much as I would have had he been home, and I learned a valuable lesson.

I so often go to Tyge/family/friends to vent/talk/cry before (and in some cases even in place of!) going to God. For some reason having someone tangible to listen to and verbally agree with me is easier and more instantly gratifying than taking it to God and "waiting" on His wisdom, guidance, and comfort. So because Tyge wasn't there last night to listen to me whine :) I spent a lot of time in prayer, talking to God. Okay, and to Keely.

I went to bed feeling peace and calm, and woke up feeling the same way. This morning I had a 7 AM dentist appointment and was honestly a bit nervous as I've only ever had one cavity and didn't react so well to the Novocaine and drilling, but I was feeling good about it today. As soon as I got there, the dentist took a look in my mouth and said that it was such a small cavity that he didn't need to drill, and only needed to put some sealant on the side of my tooth! The whole process took a few minutes and I was done. I went to the front to pay what I thought was going to be around $150 (what insurance quoted me) and the receptionist said the Dr. did it no charge - I was good to go.

I got to my car and just thanked God - his mercy, grace, and love is amazing! After such a tough day yesterday, I cried out to Him and He showed me His love in a real, tangible way. Since I was done earlier than I thought I was able to get an iced (decaf!) coffee and spend some time in the Word. I read Lamentations 3:22-23:

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

These words hit me as so true - only God could take the emotions of a pregnant woman and through His compassion, give her peace and make her feel loved. Today I chose joy over my circumstances and you know what? The things that happened weren't necessarily any better, but I chose to not let anything steal my joy or believe any lies, and it was a good day.

Praise God for his mercies that are new each morning!

Our lake one morning last summer

No comments:

Post a Comment