Friday, May 18, 2012

I love me a deal...

If you know me, you know I love making lists. And researching items before buying. AND Craigslist! So begins the story of how we got my dream stroller for $200 off!!!

Apparently there are a million strollers out there in a thousand different categories, with a hundred variations of each one. I began stroller research really early on the the first pregnancy (something about strollers is so interesting to me!), so had already done much of it and hadn't really done anything more this time around. Reading reviews and watching videos are much different than actually pushing around a stroller, so recently Tyge and I had a fun baby day date on Grand Avenue and visited Baby Grand to do just that. Based on my previous research, I had narrowed my stroller choices down to the UppaBaby Vista, Bumbleride Indie, Baby Jogger City Elite, and the every popular BOB.

When we got there, we were able to rule out the UppaBaby right away because we decided we really wanted a triwheel model that we can do light jogging with and also use as an everyday stroller.

Tyge really wanted the BOB because, well, it is the top-dawg of running strollers. I really liked the Indie because it had some great stroller features as well as the ability to job, whereas I felt the BOB was too sporty for us me. We also really liked the BabyJogger, but in the end Tyge agreed with me that the Indie was the prefect hybrid between a jogger and an everyday stroller with some awesome features.

Baby Grand is only selling the 2012 models now and nothing has changed from 2011 to 2012, except they actually took out a few accessories but kept the price the same. Because of that, I really wanted a 2011 model. They did have one 2011 in the color I wanted, but before committing to buy there, my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to check out my beloved Craigslist to see if there were any used ones out there, and at what price.

Lo and behold, I found a listing for the exact model we wanted at a local boutique - they were selling their floor model at $200 OFF!!! It seemed to good to be true, so I went over my lunch break to check it out and it was indeed, exactly what I wanted. The floor model was in pristine condition, never used outside, and 40% off what Baby Grand was asking - easy decision! So check that off The List - stroller bought!
The beautiful Bumbleride Indie!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like an awesome stroller! I have the uppababy vista and the BOB and totally wish I would have gotten one like this instead of the two. I love the uppababy and everything about it, except I can't run with it. The one you got looks similar to the uppababy in a lot of ways. So exciting! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete