Saturday, August 4, 2012

The past few weeks (36 & 37)

I've been a bad blogger lately...not because I don't have anything to say, but because I have so MUCH to think about and don't want to be a rambling mess! :) The past few weeks have been FLYING by and I can't believe we only have 3 weeks to go until we meet Petrie. Here are some pics and updates on what's been going on with me the past few weeks:

36 week pic

37 week pic

So, we crazily drove to SD yesterday for my cousin's wedding at 37 weeks pregnant. My midwife checked me out on Thursday and said things didn't look like they would "go" this weekend, so we got the green light to take off! My cousin Tyler and his new wife Katie asked me to sing at their wedding and though we had a backup plan in case I couldn't make it, I was SO happy to be able to to.

Tyge and I took off at 6 AM yesterday (and put the carseat in the car before we left, JUST in case) and made the 4 hour drive with a few pee stops - he drove while I propped my feet on the dash.



We made it there by 11 so I could practice with the church pianist, then even had time for a nap before getting ready. I got a new dress so actually felt pretty and not too much like a whale - I even wore heels! Well, wedges. And they were off at the reception. :)





The wedding was beautiful, and it was so fun to see my family - our weddings are always a blast. They had dueling pianos at the reception which was really neat, and I even got my belly out on the dance floor a bit. It was great to catch up with my parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, family friends, and of course, sweet Grandpa.


I made it until the reception ended at midnight and even went to the hospitality suite after to say goodnight to the bride and groom, then crashed around 12:30. We had breakfast with the family this morning, then hit the road for MN again - I drove while Tyge studied Medical Terminology. We're now home for an easy Saturday night in, which is much needed.

Pregnancy Updates:

Physically feeling - not too bad! Getting pretty uncomfortable at this point, but that's to be expected. Feet and ankles swelling, and there's one spot in my mid back near my left ribs that hurts quite a bit - thank goodness Tyge has strong hands! Mornings are rough with pressure and feeling sore down there, I'm fine and feel good during the day, then evenings I get sore and tired again. I'm not sleeping well at all (probably 4-5 hours total at night) but it's just preparing me for when baby comes! At 37 weeks, I'm 50% effaced and not quite dilated yet, so hopefully that means baby stays in there a few more weeks and waits until Daddy gets home to make his/her appearance.

Mentally feeling - okay, to be honest. Like I said above, I have so much going on in my head and am not being very good at giving it up to God. I'm nervous about being gone from work for 3 months and wrapping up as best I can before I leave. I feel like there are a million things to decide on and do and we're running out of time before baby comes. Add in that, with the 20 days we have before D-Day Tyge is gone for 10 of them, and I had some emotional meltdowns last week. With the few days he is home, we have to DO things (interview childcare, projects, etc.) rather than just hang out and enjoy each other, so that's harder than I thought and I didn't handle it the best last week. Luckily, we got a lot done so I feel good about things, and am starting to let go a bit. I'll certainly miss him when he's gone and I think that'll be the toughest part in the coming weeks, so prayers are appreciated there! I have friends and family staying with and checking in on me of course, but no one can comfort and love me like my hunny...

Some of the things we've been checking off our list:


Nursery - is 98% done! Just waiting on a few pieces in there and I'll do a post about it. It looks even better than I had imagined and I can't WAIT to show pictures. It is my favorite room in the house, which is a good thing as I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time in there.


Office - we broke down the workout room in the basement to make room for an actual home office for Tyge, as the office/guest room isn't quite cutting it for his new job and the amount he'll be working from home. Pics to come once it's done!


Doula - we hired a doula to assist with the labor and birth. I really want to have a natural birth (something I *may* do a post about) and labor at home as long as I can, and Tyge is a huge part of that. Since there's a pretty big chance that he'll be gone when I go into labor, I'd wanted to have a backup plan. My mom will be staying with me and will be a huge help of course, but having someone else on call to come help who understands my birth preferences does something to easy my mind. Even if Tyge IS here, I don't think having a doula to assist would hurt anything - it'd only help!  Mary, the lady we hired, is an amazing Christian lady with a joyful yet calming presence, and I really think she'll help make the birthing experience a good one for us.

Childcare - was making my head spin - it's been like a part time job researching that the past few weeks. We had settled on a center close to our house, but I realized I was weeding out a lot of potentially good home day cares in doing that. I started interviewing some (probably 10-15 total) after receiving referrals from friends and church, and I am happy to say we finally selected someone! I feel 100% confident about the love and care Petrie will get once I go back to work, and that's HUGE weight off my shoulders.

Whew - well that's a long enough update for now! More to come this week as I tackle some of the smaller things, I'm sure. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment