Saturday, April 28, 2012

First Date

This is totally something only a girl would remember, but 5 years ago yesterday was Tyge and my first date! I'll never forget this week 5 years ago, and it's so awesome to think of how far we've come since then...

So Tyge and I met 5 years ago this past Wednesday night at Barfly - keeping it classy. Coincidentally, on Wednesday I was walking to Crave downtown for lunch and walked right past Barfly so had to stop and take a pic to send to Tyge. :)


Last night I made reservations where we had our first date, Vic's on St. Anthony Main. I still vividly remember our first date from what we wore (black tank top, jeans, heels for me and a black button up with stripes and jeans for him) to what we drank and ate (martinis and Sea Bass) and what we talked about (our jobs, backgrounds, get to know you stuff) . Tonight's date was quite the contrast (I wore maternity jeans, drank lemonade, and we talked about Petrie and parenting) but just as enjoyable, if not more so. Though the "first date butterflies" weren't there, that spark still was and it was fun to relive our first date.

And here we are, 5 years later, married with a child on the way. God is so graceful, so good, and I am forever grateful and blessed that He matched Tyge and I up that night 5 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS, LOVE YOU BOTH, AND LOVE IT THAT GOD BROUGHT YOU TOGETHER ...... BLESSING US ALL. AND HE'S CREATING A MIRACLE OF NEW LIFE AS A RESULT OF YOU TWO AMAZING PEOPLE AND YOUR AMAZING LOVE FOR HIM AND FOR EACH OTHER. AHHH, YES, GOD IS GOOD INDEED.

    ReplyDelete