Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A LOVEly Valentine's Day


I'm a sucker for love and all things lovey-dovey, so of course I like Valentine's Day. Even when I was single I liked the looove holiday and now appreciate it even more now that I have a hunny to share it with! Don't get me wrong, Tyge and I don't fall into all the hype and go all out or anything (well he doesn't and I TRY not to haha), but I do like to celebrate in some way and acknowledge the day.

I started the morning my publishing the long awaited (well for me anyway, these 8 weeks of secrecy have crawled by) pregnancy post on the blog and Facebook and man - it was great to get the secret out! I was so overwhelmed by all the sweet responses and congratulations - I guess you could say I felt very loved by friends and family. I enjoyed reading the comments throughout the morning!

Then just before lunchtime the ProFlowers guy walked in...duh, duh, duh. My heart skipped a beat as I thought "Are those for me?"  (Sidebar back story: Tyge sent me flowers at work on our first Valentine's Day dating to make a good impression I suppose ;), but really doesn't like getting into the VDay hype and expectations so hasn't done it since. I really didn't expect it from him, but like any girl, kinda-sorta-maybe still had teeny hopes for flowers on VDay.) Anyway, the guy says "These are for Kate Blomberg" and my face lit up! I felt SO special and so loved by my hunny, and I thoroughly enjoyed gazing at the beautiful red tulips and purple iris bouquet all day.


And they haven't even fully bloomed yet!

Then my mom surprised me with a last minute lunch request and came downtown to meet me! She brought me some lovely pampering mom-to-be gifts from Patina and we enjoyed a nice lunch together.

After work Tyge and I exchanged cards and I gave him his gift. I made him this little mailbox filled with personalized reasons why he will be an awesome dad - I think he liked it.



We don't typically go out to eat as it's overpriced and crowded on VDay itself, so we had Bridget & Ryan and Katrina & Brian over for a three-course fondue meal! I can't believe I forgot to take pictures, but I guess I was too busy dipping and eating. We had a cheese course (Gruyere and Swiss with white wine, garlic, and lemon juice) with dippers of broccoli, cauliflower, bread, and 3 kinds of apples. Next was the meat course (Burgundy wine, vegetable stock, garlic, mushrooms, and scallions) with dippers of chicken, steak, shrimp and pheasant. Last but CERTAINLY not least was my favorite - the chocolate course (semi-sweet chips, milk, vanilla) with dippers of strawberries, bananas, oranges, apples, pound cake, and pretzel crisps. We were all stuffed! It was a lovely dinner enjoyed with great friends and I think fondue-ing on VDay may be a fun new tradition.

Hope everyone else had a nice Valentine's Day as well! Xoxo.

EDIT - As if my Valentine's Day wasn't special enough, I just got another delivery at work of Sharri's Berries "For the office, Love Tyge" - what a guy! I called him to say thanks and he said they were supposed to be delivered along with the flowers yesterday, but it was even better as a two part surprise received today. :) And because I didn't consume enough fruit dipped in chocolate last night, I will now enjoy chocolate covered strawberries for lunch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment