One of the meals was a meatloaf that sounded so good, I made it for Tyge and myself for dinner as well and served it with roasted squash and green beans. It's been awhile since I've cooked and blogged a good meal, so I wasn't in the habit of snapping photos and totally forgot, until my plate was licked clean. Oops. Anyway, here's the recipe - you can imagine how good it looked and how much better it tasted!
Turkey & Spinach Meatloaf
from A Life To Bragg About
- 1 lb. turkey
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (I used a mix of panko and whole wheat)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbps. pepper
- 1 Tbps. oregano
- 2 Tbps. Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (I used less)
- 2 Tbsps. hot sauce of choice
- Saute spinach, onion, and garlic together in EVOO and set aside.
- Mix turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, spices, Worcestershire, and parm together. Add the spinach mixture. Form into meatloaf pan.
- Mix tomato sauce, brown sugar, and hot sauce together and smother top of meatloaf with sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until cooked throughout.