Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

We interrupt today's regularly scheduled 3TT post to bring you breaking news - it's my Mom's Birthday!!! I wanted to wish her a very Happy Birthday and year to come. I've said this before, but as an only child I grew up very close to my parents and have so many good memories with my mom.

She was so silly with me, so patient, and would always stop to smell the roses, pick the dandelions, look at the ducks, or whatever my little heart desired to do.

She was the one who inspired my love of music and theater as we had season passes to the Children's Theater (and later the Ordway) and saw many a musical. She also was there for every one of my concerts and shows in high school and was my #1 fan!

She was there every day when I got home from school with a treat, homework help, and dinner on the table. She was and is an amazing cook! And even though you didn't think I was paying any attention, I learned a lot of my cooking skills from you, Mom!

As much as it annoyed me at the time to pose for pictures, I have at least a million photos to capture the memories from my childhood (none on this computer right now, unfortunately!) and am so grateful for all the photos my mom snapped. She is an amazing photographer!

She lovingly took in Mia the chiweenie when I wasn't able to care for her myself, and now has given her the best doggie home ever.

She was the first to hug me after the proposal - she was so excited she ran out into the street with her sign flipped already! :)

She helped me plan my wedding, get ready on my wedding day, and made sure I didn't go hungry. :)


She has always been so loving to all my friends - they call her Momma Candy! In high school, our house was always the place to go because my mom made everyone feel so welcome, made treats, and made my friends feel a part of the family. Not having siblings, she knew how important these friendships were (and are!) in my life and really fostered an environment where I could make great memories with them.


Happy Birthday to the best Mom a girl could ask for! You were (and still are!) my biggest cheerleader, my greatest support system, my shoulder to cry/vent on, someone who encourages me to slow down and enjoy the little things in life, and someone I can always count on for anything. I am inspired by you in so many ways - your joyful attitude and strength to name a few - and hope to be as great a Mom as you someday!
I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post dedicated to your mom on her birthday. She is loved by many, me included.

    Candy, hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete