Thursday, February 16, 2012

A miracle starts with the beat of a heart

**I wrote this post after our first appointment on 1/20 when we heard the baby's hearbeat for the first time. We had our 13 week appointment this morning and heard it again at 155 BPM - I feel the exact same way. :)

Today (well, Friday 1/20 since I'm publishing after the fact!) was our 9 week appointment with the midwife and while there were several things we learned today, the most important thing is...

...we heard the heartbeat. There is a BABY in there! A growing baby that is, according to the midwife, coming along perfectly! She prepared us that it was early, that we most likely wouldn't hear anything, so I didn't get my hopes up and figured we wouldn't. She put the Doppler on my stomach, listened for a second, and her face lit up as she exclaimed "Oh my goodness!" - there it was! We heard a little "whoosh-whoosh, whoosh-whoosh, whoosh-whoosh" and it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. Such an amazing gift from God and just a relief to hear that there was an actual baby in there and I had more "proof" than just a pee stick. Tears immediately filled my eyes as I grabbed Tyge's hand, and it was such a cool moment for us. We are so grateful for this second chance to be parents and though we're not out of the woods yet, I feel so much peace and have only God to thank for that.

As I was driving back to work in a blissful fog, I was humming a lyric in a Steven Curtis Chapman song that goes "A miracle starts with the beat of a heart" but I couldn't recall what song it was from. I googled it when I got to work and had a DUH! moment as I saw it was from one of my favorite SCC songs, "When Love Takes You In". In fact, we had Tyge's cousin sing this during the lighting of the Unity Candle at our wedding, as we huddled in prayer with our families and had our bridesmaids and groomsmen praying over us and our marriage. God is so faithful, so good, and has truly blessed our marriage. We pray every day for little Petrie and know that he/she is in God's loving hands as well - we just can't wait for him/her to be in ours!


When Love Takes You In
by Steven Curtis Chapman

I know you've heard the stories
But they all sound too good to be true
You've heard about a place called home
But there doesn't seem to be one for you
So one more night you cry yourself to sleep
And drift off to a distant dream

Where love takes you in and everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heartWhen love takes you home and says you belong here
The loneliness ends and a new life begins
When love takes you in

And somewhere while you're sleeping
Someone else is dreaming too
Counting down the days until
They hold you close and say I love you
And like the rain that falls into the sea
In a moment what has been is lost in what will be

When love takes you in everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heart
And this love will never let you go
There is nothing that could ever cause this love to lose its hold

When love takes you in everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heartWhen love takes you home and says you belong here
The loneliness ends and a new life begins
When love takes you in it takes you in for good
When love takes you in

No comments:

Post a Comment