Friday, September 9, 2011

A new moment I'll never forget...

There are several special moments in my life that I remember many details of, but mainly the look on my husband's face. I'll never forget the look on his face on our first date on 4/27/07 as we were dancing to "The Way You Move" by Outkast. I'll never forget the look on his face the day he proposed, down on one knee in the middle of the Naswauk 4th of July parade on 7/4/08.

I'll never forget the look on his face as I walked down the aisle towards him and as we exchanged vows at our wedding on 3/28/09.



And now, I'll never forget the look on his face as I told him we were having a baby this past Tuesday, 9/6/11.

I guess you could say we've been trying for a few months, but neither of us expected it to happen so soon! I had felt a little "off" all weekend, so took a test that morning and lo and behold, there were two lines instead of one. It confirmed what I already knew in my heart, but seeing those two lines still floored me! I felt a rush of emotions, but Tyge had already left for work so I had no one to share them with besides Keely girl, and she didn't quite get it. I knew I wanted to tell Tyge in person so it took everything within me to not call or text him throughout the day! Let's be honest, I got NO work done that day and instead spend the entire day on Baby Center, looking at nursery pictures, and Googling things galore. I also spent a great deal of time deciding how I wanted to tell Tyge and came up with an idea I loved. Together we had talked about finally getting a nice Nikon DSLR camera when we found out we were pregnant, and I had to stop at Costco on my way home so planned to pick up information on the camera we wanted and give it to him saying, "It's time to start shopping!". Of course, Costco didn't have any literature on the camera, but I found something even better....As I was pushing my cart past the clothing area, I saw a table of baby clothes and a cute little outfit with a tiger on it that read "Mommy's Little Tiger". Perfect.

Surprise hunny - we're having a baby!!!

Luckily when I got home, Tyge was outside with the dog so I rushed in the house with the outfit and "evidence stick" and set them out on the kitchen counter. I shouted at him to please bring the other groceries in from my car. When he came in the house and set them down, I pointed to the counter and said "I got something else at Costco". He took a close look at it, then looked even closer, and stepped back saying "Shut up!" - I believe he also punched my arm in surprise, but I won't hold that against him. :) We immediately hugged and decided to go out to dinner to celebrate. That was one of the best conversations we've ever had, involving how to tell our family and friends, baby names, nursery colors, and so much more.

As of today I am almost 4 weeks along, so we have a long road ahead of us. A scary, exciting, nerve wracking, heart pumping road ahead of us. We'll need a lot of prayer and encouragement, that's for sure! Luckily, there are many of our friends and family who have been down this road, and a few going down it right now, so that brings comfort.

Each moment and look on my husband's face seems to top the one before, and I know that on 5/21/12 (if baby comes on time!), I'll witness the best look on Tyge's face yet.