Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Trusting in Him

The "M" word is so scary in these first few weeks - miscarriage.

I have known several women who have had one, two or even three. Apparently one in five pregnancies end up in miscarriage which is unbelievable - 20%! The scariest thing is that there is really nothing you can do or not do to prevent it from happening.

Point in case, most recently, some wonderful friends of Tyge and mine had one...there were really no words I could say to ease the pain, other than assuring them I was praying for physical and emotional healing. 


Tyge and I have also been praying for Petrie since we found out, and I know others will as soon as we tell them. It is the desire of our hearts to have this child, and in delighting ourselves in the Lord we pray it is His will too! However, should something happen if will not change my faith in Him at all for I know that there would be a reason behind it.

I myself believe that God doesn't CAUSE bad things to happen, but He will use them for His glory. As Romans 8:18 (ESV) says, "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." So I suggested my friend take comfort in that, as well as anyone experiencing suffering.

That being said, worrying about the potential of something happening does NOTHING, for God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7 NLT). This is easier said than done, as the mind is a powerful thing that tends to wander, or mine does anyway. Another verse that helps me take thoughts captive when I start to worry is Philippians 4:6 (NIV), "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

So Dear Lord, I thank you for the blessing of this child inside me and am so grateful that you have entrusted Tyge and I to be parents someday. We promise to raise this baby in a home that loves and honors you. I pray that you watch over little Petrie as he/she grows, and keep him/her safe throughout the entire 40 weeks. Please be with my mind and heart so that I do not worry about things beyond my control, but fully trust in YOU and your promises. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment