Tuesday, October 11, 2011

3TT

It's that time again - Three Things Tuesday!

Three Things I'm Thankful/Excited For:
1. Motivation! I signed up for a boot camp class 2-3 days a week at 5:45 AM (I know, right?! What was I thinking?!) and today was the first day. I. Am. Sore. As much as getting up at 5:15 sucked, it felt great to move and sweat again and I was home by 6:45 AM to make a healthy breakfast for myself and Tyge before work! It was a nice way to start the day, sitting in the "breakfast nook" together and I look forward to doing that more often.


2. Being invited to the worship team practice at Woodland Hills tomorrow night! A few weeks ago, I informally tried out for the worship team and was put on the sub list. They have four different rotating worship teams at WH that have had the same members for years so they don't just introduce new people right away, but put them on a sub list to start. I was already invited to sub next weekend but will be gone (so bummed!!!), although I am still attending the practice tomorrow night to meet everyone and see what it's all about. I can't wait!

3. Pheasant hunting opener in SD this weekend - it's not so much the actual hunting that I love, but it's like a family reunion! We don't get together for the big Garry Thanksgivings and Christmases like we used to, but hunting at the farm is still something almost everyone makes it back for. I am so excited to see all my Garry family, eat beef brisket and Grandma's famous rhubarb pie made with love by Aunt Cathy, have breakfast with Grandpa, chat with my aunts and gal cousins at the farm, walk the fields with the boys (though for the first year since I was 12, I don't think I'll get a hunting license this year as an out of state is pricey and not worth the one day for me), ride in the combine with Steve, watch Keely girl hunt 'em up, and enjoy many laughs with the whole family in the machine shed after a long day...


Three Things I'm Praying For:
1. Continued post surgery healing for Brian and strength and patience for Naomi - he seems to be recovering well but has a long way to go, and Naomi has her hands full with nursing him back to health all while watching a two year old and a newborn! I pray that he returns to "normal" soon so he can enjoy all the things he used to and thrive once again!!!


2. Motivation! HUGE answered prayer with the eating and workout motivation this week, but I need some motivation in the "getting things done around the house after a long 10 hour work day" area. Specifically picking up clothes in my closet and doing laundry...

3. A stronger desire to be in the Word and make it a as much a part of my daily routine as I do other things that aren't as life giving. 'Nuff said.

With eyes on Him,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment