Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Silver lining

Everyone who knows I've experienced a miscarriage says things like, "everything happens for a reason", "trust in God's timing", and other positive messages. While I fully believe these statements to be true, it was hard to believe at first when I was concentrating on the hurt my heart felt at the loss.

Thankfully I am in a much better place now thanks to the prayers of many, the love and support of friends and family, God's healing power, some great quality time alone with the hubby, and time. While sometimes I still get sad that I'm no longer pregnant (this morning would have been my first Doctor's appointment), I've decided now to focus on the bright side, the silver lining, the things I can do because I'm not pregnant just yet.

I can diet and work out a bit harder to lose that pesky 10 pounds I wanted to before getting pregnant!

I can drink real caffeinated coffee, including my fall favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte. (In the 2 weeks I skipped it I experienced severe withdrawal headaches. I'm going to have a problem with that...oops!)

I can eat sushi! Will have to make a trip to Wasabi for lunch next week...

I can save a bit more money for the future "baby fund" - babies are expensive, yo!

I could tour breweries and wineries in CO this past weekend and enjoy the free samples!

And the following thoughtful message I received from a DG sorority sister sums it up quite perfectly: The best advise that I received is to use this extra little time to really enjoy the fun that is being alone with your spouse, before pregnancy and baby change your world. Go out on dates often, stay out late, drink wine and act a little wild. You have your whole life ahead of you to be a parent, but this is the only time in your life that you and your husband can truly be young, fun and crazy. Concentrate on that, not just on getting pregnant again, and it will happen all on it's own, the fun way.

Well that is some of the best advice I'VE received as well - I'm so grateful she passed it along. Tyge and I have a free Saturday this weekend (shock!) and I'm already looking forward to a possible date night! I may even have a little wine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment